Rogue Books: Why Your Book May Be Missing the Mark with Agents and Editors
Have a great book but it’s not being picked up by editors or agents? Author and lit agent Stacey Graham from 3 Seas Literary Agency shares tips on where your book may have gone rogue and how to get it back on a traditional publishing path.
Covered in this fun, fast-paced workshop:
- Common issues that stop your agent cold mid-read
- Finding the right structure for your story
- Developing the plot for a deeper connection with your reader
- How to better understand the market
- Word count
- Character development
- What needs a double check before you hit send to an agent
- Critique groups
- How to choose an agent
- Best practices in queries
- What agents are looking for
Stacey Graham has worked both sides of the literary door as a humor writer with the wickedly funny Zombie Tarot, screenwriter, ghostwriter, and short story writer. She loves working with writers at all stages of their careers and uses her experience in authorship to help navigate the sometimes turbulent waters of publishing for her clients. Stacey is an agent with 3 Seas Literary as well as the author of four books and a rag-tag collection of short stories. You may currently find her scaring the pants off of readers with her latest book, Haunted Stuff: Demonic Dolls, Screaming Skulls, and Other Creepy Collectibles. She intends on returning the pants at a later date.