TikTok (and Other Social Media) for Creatives
Whether you’re an author with a book to promote, or a writer seeking exposure as you navigate your journey, you may regard TikTok as a looming Gen Z storm cloud you can’t out-run.
Luckily, it isn’t as dire as all that.
Join Romi Moondi as she shares her uncomfortable but ultimately useful experience with TikTok, in the run-up to the release of her first traditionally published novel.
This presentation will cover:
- Getting familiar with booktok vs. authortok vs. writertok
- The business vs. personal account, music rights, and getting a link in bio
- Dealing with the lack of crossover in followers between TikTok and your other social media accounts
- No, you don’t have to dance
- Using TikTok for a book launch
- Using paid posts to your advantage
- Leveraging TikTok videos on Instagram reels (i.e. minimize your work, maximize your exposure)
- Using other social media sites for your writing career
[Recorded July 25, 2022]
Click here for Romi's handout.
Romi Moondi is a Canadian writer who primarily writes romantic comedies with the aim to make you laugh, activate your heartstrings, and maybe even make your eyes produce some salty discharge. Her 2022 diverse romantic comedy novel 24 Hours in Paris received a Publishers Weekly starred review and was the Publishers Weekly 2022 #1 Summer Romance Read. Missing in Paris, her romantic comedy feature screenplay, was a 2020 Big Break Screenwriting Contest quarterfinalist (top 3%), and also received an official “Recommend” rating from Script Pipeline. When she’s not writing or travelling, Romi can be found in Toronto copywriting for clients.